UN SDS panel - 'Powered by inclusive and sustainable growth'
September 25th 2015, New York City
21st Sep 2015 · Members
On 25 September 2015, UN-PAGE (Partnership for Action on Green Economy) will be supporting a UNEP, the Government of Germany, and UNDP co-hosted high-level panel discussion at the 2015 United Nations Sustainable Development Summit in New York entitled: ‘Powered by inclusive and sustainable growth: Why and how we decided to alter course?’
The discussion will be focused on the economic frameworks and investments that trigger a shift towards an inclusive sustainable growth path and opportunities to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through this shift.
At this event, panellists will explore ideas and options for:
- Creating opportunities and triggering change for more inclusive and greener growth, especially in the context of the SDGs,
- Mobilizing investment and financing at scale,
- Ensuring equitable benefits for all from transition to greener and more inclusive economies,
- Strengthening advisory mechanisms, networks and partnerships, such as the Partnership for Action on Green Economy (PAGE) and the Poverty-Environment Initiative (PEI), among others, that can support countries in reframing economic policies and practices around sustainability.
Attending panellists include:
- H.E. Barbara Hendricks, Minister for Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety, Germany
- H.E. Bomo Edna Molewa, Minister of Environmental Affairs, South Africa
- H.E. Manuel Pulgar-Vidal, Minister of Environment, Peru
- H.E. Tine Sundtoft, Minister for Climate and the Environment, Norway
- Neven Mimica, Commissioner for International Cooperation and Development, European Commission
- Gilbert Houngbo, Deputy Director-General for Field Operations & Partnerships, International Labour Organization
- Achim Steiner, Executive Director, United Nations Environment Programme
With Moderator, Magdy Martínez-Solimán, Assistant Secretary-General, United Nations Development Programme