The Partnership for Action on Green Economy (PAGE) was launched in 2013 by five UN agencies to support countries wishing to reframe their economic policies around sustainability. The 2017 PAGE Ministerial conference will take place in Berlin, Germany, on 27-28 March and will bring together more than 300 ministers, heads of United Nations' agencies, thought leaders and representatives from civil society, business and media to discuss how to accelerate the shift to green investment and inclusive growth.
Members of the GEC secretariat and coalition partners will be participating in a number of sessions throughout the conference, while also hosting the Green Economy Pioneers Exhibition.
GEC event: Policy making in practice: overcoming inertia – vested interests and just transitions
Date: Tuesday, 28 March, 2017
GEC convenor Oliver Greenfield will moderate this discussion on national transitions to inclusive green economies, with speakers including Francesco La Camera, director general for Sustainable Development, Energy and Climate at the Ministry of Environment of Italy and Mao Amis, founding director of African Centre for a Green Economy.
Exhibition: Green Economy Pioneers
Green Economy Pioneers is an exhibition showcasing innovative partnerships, research and approaches in the transition to greener economies. It highlights different facets of the transformation including alternative measurement systems; reforming finance systems; greening sectors; prioritising inclusion and valuing nature in decision making. Above all, it celebrates the real stories of transition: how communities, local banks, informal workers, small business, poor people, and entrepreneurs are driving change.
- Rainer Agster - Director of Private Sector Cooperation, SEED
- Paul Steel - Chief Economist, IIED
- Susanne Mocker - Adviser, Agora Energiewende
- Constanze Trautwein - Researcher, Borderstep Institute
- Garrette Clark - Programme Officer, UNEP
- Marcus Eguiguren - Executive Director, GABV
- Benoît Lallemand - Acting Secretary General, Finance Watch
- Richard Spencer - Head of Sustainability, ICAEW
- Steve Bass - Senior Fellow, IIED
- Graham Gordon - Head of Policy, CAFOD
- Mark Gough - Executive Director, Natural Capital Coalition
- Sofia Ahlroth - Senior Environmental Economist, World Bank
- Oliver Greenfield - Convenor, Green Economy Coalition
- Emily Benson - Programme Manager, Green Economy Coalition
- Aaron Cosbey - Senior Associate, IISD
- Jonathan Barth - The Initiative for Transformative Economics
Through the exhibition the GEC will be helping ministers and conference participants engage with green economy initiatives that are already underway, explore the latest research, and lead conversations with people who are pioneering green innovation from the ground up.
GEC selected for the Global Gateway Dialogue Platform
In a world riddled with complex challenges, international cooperation with all stakeholders is essential to drive transformation.
The IEA's Net Zero roadmap: a narrow path to 1.5 degrees
Our statement on the outcomes of the International Climate and Energy Summit, Madrid, October 2nd