On the 7th of October 2012, the eve of the Global Green Growth Forum, founders and friends of the Green Economy Coalition met in Copenhagen to agree on the next steps for the network.
Members noted that Rio+20 had given a global mandate to build 'green, fair and inclusive' economies and that this agenda is moving very quickly. It was stressed that civil society must be a co-architect with business and government as green economies evolve.
Members agreed that the Coalition should move into new phase of work founded on three objectives; inclusivity, transparency and influence. The Coalition should also seek to move green economy debates into mainstream discussion.
Do see the meeting summary for more information.
- Achim Steiner, Executive Director, UNEP;
- Camilla Toulmin, Director, IIED;
- Christian Friis Bach, Minister For Development Cooperation, Denmark;
- Poul Engberg-Pedersen, Deputy Director General, IUCN;
- Teresa Fogelberg, Deputy Chief Executive, GRI;
- Astrid Folkmann Bonde, Head Green Growth, Foreign Ministry,Denmark;
- Mark Halle, Vice-President, International, IISD;
- Rachel Kyte, Vice-President, World Bank;
- Tony Long, Director, WWF European Policy Office;
- Lars Pehrson, CEO, Merkur Cooperative Bank;
- Corli Pretorius, Executive Assistant To The Executive Director, UNEP;
- Steven Stone, Chief, Economics & Trade Branch, UNEP;
- Simon Zadek, Senior Fellow, GGGI;
- Oliver Greenfield, Convenor, Green Economy Coalition
Event Notice: African Green Economy Conference
Join us at the African Green Economy Conference June 27- 30
Event Notice: East Africa Green Economy Hub Launch
GEC launches its new East African regional hub, a collaboration of citizens working towards a green economy.