The final outcome document from Rio+20 did not deliver all that we wanted but we had some triumphs:
1. Launching the high-level working group, convened by Prince Charles, on our theme Measure What Matters which aims to bring alignment between corporate, national and global metrics for progress. Check out his message below.
2. Hearing such positive responses from all quarters - NGOs, business, government and private sector - on our proposed policies for dealing with financial short-termism in the finance sector as part of our initiative Banking because the future matters
3. Gathering suggestions for how to move the 9 Principles of a Green Economy into action, including benchmarking country economic plans and corporate strategies against them.
4. Discovering that our online map showing the transition to a new, green economy is already proving popular with communities all over the world - 10 new initiatives are being uploaded each week. Do keep spreading the word.
5. Launching our Green Economy Pocketbook to such enthusiastic audiences at Rio+20. Thanks so much for your support! Let us know if you would also like a hardcopy.
The green economy coalition is a global network of organisations committed to accelerating a transition to a new green inclusive economy. This site was made possible with the help of expert collaborators. For regular updates, grab our RSS feed, sign up for the monthly newsletter, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook. Read on for more about who we are...