Post-Rio multistakeholder strategy meeting
Post-Rio to Post-2015: Planning international stakeholder engagement - Register now
- 20 - 21 October (Please note change of dates)
- Pace University, New York City Campus, One Pace Plaza, New York City, 10038
The two-day meeting, organised by UNEP in partnership with UNDESA, Stakeholder Forum and The Green Economy Coalition will provide an opportunity for Major Groups and Stakeholders from across the globe to come together to discuss the outcomes of Rio+20, agree on action items to accelerate these outcomes, and address areas where no progress or agreement was made.
Representatives of Major Groups and Stakeholders will:
- Take stock of the overall outcomes of Rio+20, including determining the successes and implications for the Major Groups model of participation;
- Discuss the role of Major Groups and other stakeholders in the implementation of the Rio+20 outcomes;
- Discuss the new governance architecture post Rio+20, including the space for engagement and the role of stakeholders;
- Look forward to the post-2015 development agenda, in particular the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs);
- Discuss and agree on the input into UNEP's Governing Council/Global Ministerial Environment Forum in February 2013, as well as the 20th Session of the Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD 20) in May 2013.
The meeting will result in a series of statements and messages for political leaders that will present civil society assessments of Rio+20 outcomes, concrete demands to decision makers to fulfill the Rio+20 legacy, and build new models of multi-stakeholder partnership for sustainable development in the post-2015 agenda and beyond.
UNEP is able to provide funding for travel and accommodation to a limited number of registered participants.
To reserve your place for the conference please fill out the online form available here by Wednesday 3rd October.
If you have questions please email email@example.com